Saturday, February 12, 2011

Taking on Technology

My personal goals for technology, as an educational leader, are many.  I am mostly interested in learning to become more comfortable and automatic with technology so I can model this for my staff by integrating it in my work and communicaitons with them.  Ultimately, I want teachers and all staff at my school to use technology as a tool to maximize student engagement and assist students in becoming informed consumers of technology as well as creators of content. 


The specifics are too many to list but I am interested in:

    * helping teachers identify reliable and high interest websites that have content supporting standards
    * using flip cameras to capture learning events, instructional strategies and student interests
    * exploring potential of google docs for efficiency of work and communication
    * embedding links to visual and audio content in my communications
    * increasing comfort level with technology for all staff
    * empowering students to use what they know about technology to energize their own learning

1 comment:

  1. Many of the things you listed that you want to learn - are on my list as well. It would be great to chat and compare notes. You are an elem. principal, right?

    ReplyDelete